Title: Corporate Director of Sales
Location: Chicago, IL
About the Corporate Director of Sales
We are looking for a talented Corporate Director of Sales to lead a new organisation developing affordable assisted living community’s in the mid-west. This is an opportunity to nurture many careers as you grow your own. You must be a leader with Corporate Director of Sales experience who thinks quickly, methodically and has an entrepreneurial spirit.
The Assisted Living profession is unique in nature, and the reason we are currently searching for a proven leader who’s current position may include the Corporate Director of Sales, VP of Sales / Regional Director of Sales, etc. If you meet these requirements as an assisted living professional then we’d love to connect with you, and discuss the details of this opportunity.
Duties of the Corporate Director of Sales
- Leading community-specific sales projects as identified by the COO to assist fill-up and occupancy growth strategies, as well as occupancy maintenance and Waitlist build strategies.
- Providing staffing recommendations, execution of sales events, and assisting with community relations and outreach strategies.
- Working with the communities to identify trends or new developments in the market and/or pricing to aid in developing timely and appropriate action plans to respond to business needs.
- Assisting in the development of annual sales and marketing plans for community leaders through review of annual SWOT analyses for each care venue to identify areas of opportunity to capitalize on in support of each unique value proposition.
- Assisting the COO in the development of individual and team sales targets and manages teams to key performance indicators through weekly/monthly metrics and variance reports.
- Consulting and coaching with community leaders and sales staff to overcome sales obstacles.
- Providing feedback to Executive Directors and Sales Directors about individual and team performance.
- Providing community sales back-up during periods of staff turnover which could include making sales calls or providing daily onsite support.
- Directs and coordinates marketing promotions throughout all locations.
- Analyzes and constructs annual marketing budgets. Recommends increases or reductions in marketing budgets as warranted.
- Develops corporate promotional materials, media advertising, and direct mail templates on a quarterly basis.
- Constructs and updates an extensive Marketing Module Training and Technical Support for Administrator and Facility Staff.
- Analyzes market statistics to develop campaigns.
Supervisory Responsibilities for the Corporate Director of Sales
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the marketing department.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable laws.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring and training employees, planning assignments and directing work, appraising performance, rewards, and disciplinary employees.
- Attend bi-weekly Regional Meetings.
- Reviews marketing budgets for all sites to identify variance and develop corrective actions to bring budgets into compliance.
- Interfaces with COO to review objectives and goals.
- Prepares monthly marketing reports for Executives.
Qualifications & Requirements for the Corporate Director of Sales
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, and/or Public Relations (Masters Degree is a plus)
- 5+ Years experience as either a Regional Director of Sales, Vice President of Sales, Senior Vice President of Sales of an assisted living company.
- Multi-Site Experience is a must
- Reimbursement via Medicaid
- Sales & Marketing proficient
- Fair, balanced leader than mentors teams
- Love for Seniors
- 65% Travel
- Ability to plan strategically and act tactically to execute (and lead execution by others) on strategic plans.
- Excellent listening skills; ability to integrate feedback from customers, understand their needs and buying signals, and transfer information to repeatable processes.
- Outstanding interpersonal, team-building and communication skills.
- Ability to provide guidance on coaching and delivering performance feedback
- Must exhibit initiative, demonstrating the ability to be a self-starter and adapt quickly to changing environments.
- Must be comfortable working independently and as part of a team.