Title: Director of Nursing, RN
Location: Reston, Virginia
As the Director of Nursing, RN you will be responsible for providing overall leadership and management of the health and well being of the future residents living in an exclusive assisted living memory care community. This role is critical as families will look to the Director of Nursing for updates and guidance as to their family members. As the Director of Nursing, you will coordinate efforts with the Executive Director and the senior living community’s Sales Director and admissions team.
- Quality assurance, regulatory compliance, coordination of resident’s health and wellness needs, medication program management and resident assessments, Resident Service Plans (RSPs) and ancillary health services.
- Responsible for overseeing the medication programs for all assisted living residents
- Assist in the recruiting, hiring and training of the clinical team.
- Completing clinical staffing within assisted living.
- Responsible for leadership including engagement, performance management and evaluations.
- Hours and shifts of duty may vary.
- This position may require working varying hours and will likely include some weekend and holiday duty.
- A minimum of two (2) years experience as a Registered Nurse RN, Director of Health Services, and have a current Virginia State license. Senior Memory Care, skilled nursing or Assisted Living experience.
- At least one year experience in assisted living, home health or long term care industries.
- Demonstration of competence in assessment skills, medication administration and triage.
- Minimum one (1) year nursing management experience including hiring staff, coaching, performance management daily operations supervision, discipline and counselling.
- Ability to work flexible hours when necessary and weekends, evenings to meet the needs of the community’s residents.
- Health Care Plan
- PPO Dental
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement
- Vacation, Sick and Bereavement Leave