Title: Director of Memory Care
Location: Redondo Beach, California
As the Director of Memory Care and department leader for this high-end, boutique Assisted Living and Memory Care community (Alzheimer’s care), you will facilitate and lead the resident care teams. This includes supporting the designated care managers throughout the community, recruiting, hiring, training and coaching a high-quality team. Providing recognition and creating an engaged culture for your team, residents and families that will be an important part of your leadership role. From time to time, you will also be the Associate Director in the absence of the Executive Director.
Director of Memory Care, Assisted Living Jobs California
- A passion for working with seniors suffering from various Dementia’s including, but not limited to Alzheimer’s Care.
- Two (2) years experience preferred in a memory care assisted living, working specifically with Dementia, Alzheimer’s and cognitively impaired residents. In addition, long term care or hospital industries experience/exposure to the memory impaired senior population
- Masters degree and management experience are required
- Two (2) years of supervisory and management experience including hiring staff, coaching, performance management daily operations supervision, discipline and counseling
Key Attributes our Client is looking for: Director of Memory Care
- Masters or Undergraduate Degree in Music Therapy or Certified Music Therapist
- Masters in Gerontology
- Alzheimer’s Dementia Care Training and/or Credentials
- Ability to Develop New Training Programs
- Ability to Launch New Training Programs
Other Attributes: Director of Memory Care
- Possess written and verbal skills for effective communication and the ability to facilitate small group presentations
- Competent in organizational, time management skills
- Demonstrates good judgment, problem-solving and decision making skills
- Proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel) with the ability to learn new applications
- Ability to work weekends, evenings and flexible hours
Similar Memory Care Assisted Living industry titles: Resident Services Director, Resident Care Director, Resident Care Coordinator, Assisted Living Director, Assisted Living Care Director, Resident Care Supervisor, Assisted Living Supervisor, Dementia Care Director.