Location: South Plainfield, NJ
As the Director of Nursing, you are a Registered Nurse (RN) and will be responsible for providing overall leadership and management of the health and well being of the residents living within an assisted living, memory care and skilled nursing community. This role is one of the most critical roles as families of senior living residents will look to the Director of Nursing for updates and guidance as to their family members living at the assisted living home. As the Director of Nursing, you will coordinate efforts with the Executive Director and the senior living community’s Sales Director. You will conduct home visits and evaluations for incoming residents as the Director of Nursing and provide feedback as to their placement within the assisted living community.
Responsibilities | Director of Nursing, South Plainfield, NJ
- Quality assurance, regulatory compliance, coordination of resident’s health and wellness needs, medication program management and resident assessments, Resident Service Plans (RSPs) and ancillary health services.
- Responsible for overseeing the medication programs for all assisted living residents
- Assist in the recruiting, hiring and training of clinical team.
- Completing clinical staffing within assisted living.
- Responsible for leadership including engagement, performance management and evaluations.
- Hours and shifts of duty may vary.
- This position may require working varying hours and will likely include weekend and holiday duty.
Qualifications Director of Nursing, South Plainfield, NJ
- A minimum of two (2) years experience as a Registered Nurse RN, Director of Health Services, and have a current State license. Senior Memory Care, skilled nursing or Assisted Living experience.
- At least one year experience in assisted living, home health or long term care industries.
- Demonstration of competence in assessment skills, medication administration and triage.
- Minimum one (1) year nursing management experience including hiring staff, coaching, performance management daily operations supervision, discipline and counseling.
- Ability to work flexible hours when necessary and weekends, evenings to meet the needs of the community’s residents.
Benefits Director of Nursing, South Plainfield, NJ
- Health Care Plan
- Vision Plan
- PPO Dental Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance Plan
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement
- Meal Discount Program
- Vacation, Sick and Bereavement Leave