Location: San Jose, California
As the Director of Sales for an assisted living community, you are responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring a comprehensive inside and outside sales.
The Director of Sales spends significant time in the local region nurturing referral sources and developing opportunities to share the assisted living community’s story with local families. Additionally, the Director of Sales maintains primary responsibility for interfacing with prospects, providing community tours and moving prospects through the sales funnel in order to meet established occupancy goals.
Responsibilities for the Director of Sales
- Identify and nurture lead referral sources.
- Plan and execute Open Houses and other events.
- Coordinate with other departments to successfully execute on-campus marketing events.
- Maintain consistent awareness of current market conditions, identifying market trends and competitive knowledge and continuously adapting marketing and sales tactics to maintain desired occupancy goals.
- Create and manage a referral database of current and potential referral sources, mailing lists, contact information and referral information.
- Identify and attend relevant community networking events to develop new referral sources and opportunities for the assisted living community.
Ideal Candidates for the Director of Sales
- Self-charger with a dynamic personality
- Highly motivated
- Demonstrated ability of success selling senior communities.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in formal sales and marketing capacity.
- A minimum of two years’ experience working in a hospitality or healthcare related healthcare environment. Alternatively, the ideal candidate will have relevant coursework or continuing education training related to social services, geriatrics or similar subject areas.