Title: Maintenance Director, Assisted Living
Location: San Rafael, CA
Our client, a leader in Senior Assisted Living Communities is looking for an individual (Maintenance Director) who would like to demonstrate their maintenance abilities and leadership skills within a senior living community setting serving residents with needs related to Assisted Living and Memory Care. We are looking for a candidate who demonstrates the highest standards of excellence and quality of care.
Responsibilities – Maintenance Director, Assisted Living Jobs California
The Maintenance Director is responsible for the day-to-day operations of Community’s Management functions in the senior assisted living community and around the common grounds. The responsibility is maintaining a safe, clean and comfortable environment for the assisted living residents. The Maintenance Director must have a working knowledge of building systems and related code requirements. These systems include plumbing, HVAC, electrical, mechanical and equipment repair. The position requires a team player with sound organizational, time management skills that enjoys working with seniors and interacts positively with all team members to meet the community’s objectives.
Requirements – Maintenance Director, Assisted Living Jobs California
- Demonstrates a high proficiency and understanding of systems such as HVAC, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and code compliance
- Experience preferred in maintaining water source heat pumps, as applicable
- Possess an understanding of OSHA and life safety regulations
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Possess written and verbal skills for effective communication and the ability to facilitate small group presentations and training
- Competent in organizational, time management skills
- Demonstrates good judgment, problem-solving and decision making skills
- Proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel) with the ability to learn new applications
Five years’ experience with housekeeping/maintenance in a residential community or similar facility, which involved supervising staff, maintaining detailed records of activities, and project coordination.
- Two years’ supervisory experience.
- Computer literacy.
- High school diploma (or equivalent).
- First aid certification
- Working knowledge of Title 22, Division 6, Chapter 8.
- Must be available some evenings, weekends and holidays.
Other Industry Considerations for Maintenance Directors – Assisted Living:
- Resort Hotels
- Country Clubs