Title: Treasury Manager
Location: Charleston, South Carolina
The Opportunity | Treasury Manager
Our client, a leading private equity firm primarily investing in senior housing and commercial real estate verticals is looking for a Treasury Manager. This company has more than three decades of experience sourcing opportunities in value-add acquisitions and new construction of senior housing and commercial real estate projects which are best in class with superior location and services. They create value for investors through their expertise, utilizing proven strategies and a unique skill set to manage the real estate and inherent operational complexities standard in most senior housing investments.
The position looking to be filled will report directly to ownership. He or she will be tasked with managing corporate liquidity and compliance with policy and procedure across several different business models and enterprises. Some travel is involved; the position is based out of Charleston, South Carolina.
Job Description | Treasury Manager
The Treasurer position is responsible for corporate liquidity, investments, and risk management related to the Company’s financial activities. As such, he or she manages day-to-day activities in treasury functions to meet the financial obligations of the organization; performs treasury activities related to cash flow, borrowings, managing debt compliance, and capital management for the entire enterprise.
The Treasurer allocates cash balances, maintains investment records, and prepares expense and earnings forecasts. Ensures policies and procedures meet the organization’s objectives, needs, and regulatory body requirements. Determines procurement of funds and monitors investments and collections. The Treasurer reports directly to ownership, and manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs.
- Forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, and funds available for investment
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements
- Use hedging to mitigate financial risks related to the interest rates on the company’s borrowings, as well as on its foreign exchange positions
- Maintain banking relationships
- Maintain credit rating agency relationships
- Arrange for equity and debt financing
- Invest funds
- Invest pension funds
- Monitor the activities of third parties handling outsourced treasury functions on behalf of the company
- Advise management on the liquidity aspects of its short- and long-range planning
- Oversee the extension of credit to customers
- Maintain a system of policies and procedures that impose an adequate level of control over treasury activities
Minimum Required Education and Experience
- This position requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent; a graduate degree and/or professional certification a plus.
- Ten years or more experience in a treasury or related functions position.
- Strong IT knowledge required; treasury management system experience beneficial.
- Elite analytical skills and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Some travel involved.
- Generous compensation package commensurate with qualifications and experience.
About Bradley Harris & Associates
Bradley Harris & Associates is a recruitment agency dedicated to the elder care profession with operations across the United States and Canada. We specialize in hiring for permanent positions, and have made 100’s of successful hires since 2011. As Senior Living Recruiters, we look for talent in the elder care profession that includes Assisted Living, Senior Living, CCRC’s, Nursing Homes, Hospice and Home Care.